Monday, May 29, 2017

OCG Tournament Report 5/27/2017 featuring "True King Dinosaur Yang Zing"

(Arcknight) Hey guys! Arcknight here! (Well, does that intro sound familiar lol). As promised, I'm going to share a tournament report featuring my newest deck "True King Dinosaur Yang Zing". Before, I have managed to bring a pure Dinosaur deck into the competitive scene though sadly, I was able to get my copies of "Dragonic Diagram" so I decided to try the "True King" build. I have to admit that using a pure version of any deck is more fun but I'm excited to witness how the "True King" version will deal real damage. I chose the build that incorporates a small "Yang Zing" engine because I love the control aspect it gives to the deck.


Without further ado, let's proceed to the game proper.



p.s Since this tournament is in OCG, we are using the new master rule format so please bear. (rawwr!)
I'll share the deck list somewhere in this article (you guess where) so keep reading lol.

Tournament 1: 05/27/2017
Deck used: True King Dinosaur Yang Zing


Round 1: vs. Sylvan

Game 1: Treasuring those days when I play this deck way back year 1 of this blog ( Kudos to those who still recall). He has the Level 4 Sylvan and milled a Sylvan sprout (The level 1 that special summons another level 1) he top deck via "Mount Sylvania". I thought he will bring out "Naturia Beast" which will disable my spell cards but to my surprise, he ended that turn without any defensive extra deck monster whatsoever. On my turn, I did the Dragonic-Baby combo taking away his cards via Trishula and Enterblathnir. I have a set Nine Pillars of Yang Zing and a face up Earth Yang zing (Via Denglong) so I have the control.

Game 2 : He was able to do the dandelion combo and I notice he has a number of link monsters on his extra deck. Link monsters are good in this type of deck since he can always have dandelion tokens ready for his multiple links though I didn't see any combos from him utilizing the links. On my turn, I manage to pull off the Diagram - Baby dino combo which brought a field of "True King of all Calamities" with a face-up Earth Yang Zing backed with a set "Nine Pillars of the Yang Zing" (After a massive Trishula). On his standby phase, I immediately activated "True King of all Calamities" declaring WATER as I know that they have "Sylvan Marshalleaf" which can destroy monsters. Win.

Result: Win O O


Round 2: vs. Zoodiac True Draco

Game 1: I remember that last time a had a match vs. this deck back when "Zodiac Barrage" and "Zoodiac Drancia" is at 3. (Which drains 1/4 of all the nerves of my brain resulting to hunger lol). This time, they are now back featuring the "True Draco" engine.

On my turn, I have all the baby dinos but I do not have any Dragonic Diagram.

Game 2: I have all the Dragonic Diagram but no baby dinos to destroy. :(

Result: X X
1-1
-------

Then there's another tournament following that and I proceeded to test my abilities once again. (Grabs burger for energy)

Tournament 2: 05/27/2017
Deck used: True King Dinosaur Yang Zing



Round 1: vs. True King Dinosaur

Game 1: He won the dice roll and activated a "Terraforming" . Kinda awkward at this point since he found that he removed his "Dragonic Diagram" from his deck (and is not even included on his side deck) so he was unable to search any. Proceeded to summon "Souleating Oviraptor" searching itself. On my turn, I have the Diagram-Baby Dino Combo and proceeded to control the game.

Game 2: He has his hand traps ranging from Psy-frame Gamma and the like, preventing my combos. In the end, I still manage to pull off the Dragonic Diagram Combo.


Result: WIN O O

Round 2: vs. Timelord Tricksters

Game 1: Luckily, I started first so I was able to control the game with Enterblathnir-True King Calamities combo backed-up with Yang Zing/Pillars.
Game 2: He went first and there's a chance that he can pull off the handless combo. Luckily, he doesn't have the droll & lock bird after the "Trickster Reincarnation" . The good news is I was able to draw my key cards because of the trickstar trap. He plays the new "Zaphion, the Timelord" though my VFD and Chalice prevented this card from shuffling my cards.

Result: WIN O O




Round 3: True Draco Demise

Game 1: I went first but I do not draw any of my key cards for some reason. (Notice the pattern when I play vs. True Draco builds)
Game 2: I have the cards but he has the hand traps.

Result: Lose X X
2-1

-------

In the end, I can see that a have huge success compare to the pure Dinosaur which I initially played way back when I do not have my copies of "Dragonic Diagram" and the hard to find "Jurrac Aeolo". Clearly, having cards that increases consistency increases the chances of winning as well. Though I can say that it's kinda hard to grind using this deck which is dependent on one to two cards but still, it is a fun experience being able to use a top tier deck after ages.Congratulations! You made it till the end and as promised, here is the build that I used:

Deck: True King Dinosaur

Deck: True King Dinosaur Yang Zing
Total: 40
Monsters:
3 Souleating Oviraptor
3 True King Lithosagym, the Disaster
3 Babycerasaurus
3 Petiteranodon
3 Miscellenousaurus
2 Ultimate Conductor Tyranno
1 Jurrac Aeolo
1 Bian, Earth of the Yang Zing
1 Pulao, Wind of the Yang Zing
1 Tyranno Infinity
Spells:
3 Dragonic Diagram
3 Terraforming
3 Fossil Dig
3 Forbidden Lance
3 Forbidden Chalice
2 Twin Twisters
1 Dark Hole
Trap:
1 Nine Pillars of the Yang Zing
Extra Deck:
3 Evolzar Laggia
1 Zoodiac Hammerkong
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Denglong, first of the Yang Zing
1 True King of all Calamities
1 Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir
Side Deck: 
3 Maxx "C"
3 Mind Control
3 Torrential Tribute
1 Twin Twisters
2 Volcanic Queen
3 Swords of Concealing Light

Card Choices:

Forbidden Chalice & Forbidden Lance: These are good cards I decided to main instead of Maxx "C" since majority of the players in our meta is composed of "True Draco" variants and "Tricksters" and due to how versatile they are and how they interact with "True Draco" cards which is the match-up I'm prepared against (somehow). Though they may appear good, nothing compares to single cards that can shut down their entire mechanic like "Zombie World" and "Mask of Restrict".

Mind Control: My tech against Zoodiacs though I'm still testing them since I don't have any copies of link monsters yet due to high demand (e.g Proxy Dragon) that's why I have a lone copy of "Zoodiac Hammerkong" in my extra so I can stack it on a controlled "Zoodiac". I can also destroy the controlled monster via "Lithosagym" if I wish to provided that I have another earth monster to destroy.

Pulao instead of Chiwen: My original build do not have any Yang Zing but the main reason as to why I din't include any Chiwen is because I do not own one lol. To be able to utilize the same combo, I tech in Pulao , wind of the Yang Zing since it is easier to get and has the same level as chiwen.

Overall, I had fun using the deck as this is the first meta deck I invested in. Sadly, we're 1 month closer to the OCG July Banlist which means there's a chance that some of the engines used in my deck will be hit. Good thing is I have the pure Dinosaur engine to back me up and I already familiarized myself with the pure build so I know how to adapt once our true king engine gets wrecked by any chance.


What are your thoughts about the "True King Dinosaur Yang Zing"?
I hope that you enjoyed reading this article!
Stay tune for more updates and don't forget to ping me in the comments section for your insights and thoughts!


Arcknight


No comments:

Post a Comment